Tuesday 25 June 2013

Summer Reads


Which of these statements are not true:

Books make a house a home.
Reading is sexy.
My husband reads aloud to me.
Libraries and second hand book shops are my favourite places.

Yes, it's the 3rd one.  I didn't really fantasise or dream up much about the man in my life or what our lives would be like before David and I got together,  but I must admit I would swoon at the idea of my future boyfriend/ husband reading to me--- in the park, on the sofa, in bed... it would be our thing.  One tiny problem, my husband doesn't enjoy reading aloud. There went my romantic reading aloud idea.  But he does in fact enjoy being read to.  So now, even though I think it'd be much sexier to hear books in his deep British accent, I'm happy to read to him, it's something I love and look forward to doing together.  It's our thing.

Currently we are finishing  The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time.  It's one of the books David read and enjoyed as a teenager.  Next on the list is the dark American classic,  American Psycho.  
The books I'm reading on my own are My Life in France by Julia Child (it makes me so hungry reading about so much delicious French food) and Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier.
What are you reading this summer? Any good recommendations?
{Photograph by Clementine & Fig}

2 comments:

  1. I finished World War Z by Max Brooks and it absolutely blew me away. But then I'm a sci fi nerd. But maybe check it out. :) I also recently finished Kafka on the Shore by Murakami. That is a must read.

    Summer readings will be 1984, IQ84 and the Game of Thrones books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also check out this website. I adore! having this site play with my piano playlist on Spotify. It sets the perfect mood.

    http://www.rainymood.com/

    ReplyDelete