Tuesday 29 October 2013

Taking Stock


  .

Making : a thick, bubbly knitted scarf for my husband. (it's his first Alaskan winter) my dad saw it and asked if I was making a horse blanket (it's a large scarf).
Cooking : gluten free pumpkin sage mac & cheese twice in one week.  it's dangerously tasty.
Drinking : Jasmine Green Tea
Reading: a whole stack of books at once, but two I'm reading with the hubs- Roald Dahl's The Twits and Into 
Thin Air 
Wanting: a massage
Looking: at the mix of shadow and light on the objects around me.  it's hard to photograph them properly.
Playing: air guitar in the car to my hubs. we rock out hard.
Wasting: asparagus.  somehow if it's not cooked within two days of buying it, it feels forgotten and dies a horrid, stinky death.
Sewing: pillows for my sofa out of bright, interesting fabrics
Wishing: I worked from home or in my own studio.
Enjoying: Take Care by Beach House
Liking: my husband. no one could ever love me better or make life as fun.
Wondering: why I can't have a freakishly fast metabolism like David
Loving: the word 'nidulation' (meaning: nesting or nest making)
Marvelling: at how quickly time goes.  it's true what they say about growing up and wishing you could enjoy what was once routine...   man, I miss those mandatory afternoon naps.
Needing: more creativity in my life.
Smelling: my favourite candle, Osaka cherry blossom.  it was the only candle we ever had in our first house and will forever be the scent of 'home'.
Wearing: sweats and a tshirt.  love when best friends come over for dinner and it's ok to entertain wearing sweats and a tshirt. best friends are so comfortable.
Noticing: that my eyes tear up when ever I compliment someone else.  how ridiculous is that?!
Knowing: that I am an awkward person and learning that it is okay.
Bookmarking: cameras and camera equipment in hopes that he'll take a hint, somehow inherit some money, and buy it all up for me
Opening: 3 bottles of 3 different types of wine.  my friend is learning all about wines and is teaching us how to be more sophisticated and wine savvy.  we had one before dinner, one with dinner, and one after dinner... you can't get any classier than that.
Giggling: at my husband who is currently sitting on one end of the sofa speaking in a shockingly excellent Gollum voice. 'Stupid fat hobbitses.'
Feeling: content, sleepy, and quite blessed
Taking Stock post idea was taken from Pip's blog.

2 comments:

  1. i truly enjoyed reading this. my eyes almost teared up thinking about your eyes tearing up while giving another compliments. clearly i need a nap or some hormone reducers, or something. but i've also been known to get teary when being kind to others. so funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. M, thank you! We were blessed with generous tear ducts I guess :) I just LOVE Two Handfuls! Always a highlight of my days. Keep being you, it's magic.

      Delete